V96 mini-6K

V9 PRO
V96S-H3
DJminiuser

V96 mini-6K

Post by DJminiuser » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 am

Please provide software update for V96 mini-6K.
Current issues:
WiFi speed very slow - must plug into Ethernet in order to stream videos. Sitting 10 inches from WiFi router but speed is less than 3mb/s.
No sound on some streams - seems to be missing required codec. Video is fine - just no sound. Other streams work perfectly.
Front display always on 24 hr clock despite how it is set in the settings menu.
Turns itself on and off. Get up in the middle of the night and it is on despite shutting it off before bed.

Hoping a software update would correct some/any of these issues.
Need file and install instructions.
Thanks.

DJminiuser

Re: V96 mini-6K

Post by DJminiuser » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:21 am

The customer service has been terrible.  They do not support the product.  They can not even answer the simple question I posted above on their "technical support" forum.
To answer your question:  I would gladly take another product such as the X10 if the manufacturer supports the product.  I purchased from V-Made what was supposed to be the latest 4/128 gb with Pie10 in hopes of getting some speed and reliability.  The wifi doesn't work/no speed... a basic requirement for a modern device.  To make it work I have to plug in an ethernet cable and the speed is there to stream.  They also provide no ability to do an update online through the device without a usb memory card.  However, as noted above there is no update listed for this device.  Other suppliers simply have a list of devices and the updates available.  I did not know this before I purchased this device.

admin
Site Admin

Re: V96 mini-6K

Post by admin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:09 pm

DJminiuser wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 am
Please provide software update for V96 mini-6K.
Current issues:
WiFi speed very slow - must plug into Ethernet in order to stream videos. Sitting 10 inches from WiFi router but speed is less than 3mb/s.
No sound on some streams - seems to be missing required codec. Video is fine - just no sound. Other streams work perfectly.
Front display always on 24 hr clock despite how it is set in the settings menu.
Turns itself on and off. Get up in the middle of the night and it is on despite shutting it off before bed.

Hoping a software update would correct some/any of these issues.
Need file and install instructions.
Thanks.
The following is the updated firmware link for V96 mini-H6, I hope to help you:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5727&sid=d6085bbf3 ... fcac79eb0d